The main collection of the Library of the Russian Centre of Science and Culture in New Delhi comprises over 26 thousand books in three languages – Russian, English and Hindi.
In the comfort of our reading room, the visitors will discover a treasure trove of dictionaries, reference books, encyclopedias with information on various fields of knowledge, fiction and non-fiction books telling about Russian history and culture, art books and up-to-date magazines and newspapers.
In 2011, we had set up an information centre providing access to the Federal and Regional Law Acts of Russia, which are automatically updated via Internet. The users are able to get acquainted with the full database of state legislation acts, from those passed in 1917 to the most recent, with a total number of records exceeding 1.7 million. This has allowed the RCSC to meet the needs of anyone visiting the library on a quest for a particular legal document of Russian origin.
There is a children’s section in the library. It provides a selection of books for the youngest readers.
Library members are allowed:
- to borrow books from the Library for home reading
- to copy texts and illustrations using our copying service
- to use our Russian-language collection of video materials with English subtitles that includes feature and documentary movies as well as animation films
The Library regularly holds such events as:
- exhibitions of new books
- thematic exhibitions of books
- exhibitions marking landmark historical and cultural events
Our annual membership fee is 1500 Indian rupees per year.
For the students of the Institute of Russian Language the fee is 500 rupees per year.
We are open from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday to Friday.